So I got to spend 5 hours at Catalyst West Coast at Mariners Church on Friday, thanks to a ticket from by good friend Eric Beeman. I went into work a little early to wrap up some important projects & headed out to the OC. I’ve always heard from anyone who’s gone to Catalyst that it is awesome – I’ve just never been in the position to go. Let’s just say I’m SO STOKED to have gotten to experience just the short time on Friday.
- I got to rub shoulders with some cool friends: Eric, Jimmy, Bobby, Victor, Carlos, Steve, Troy, Bobbbie Joe, to name a few.
- I got to jump into a “behind the scenes” tour from one of the guys from Visioneering, who help design/build some of the Mariners amazing campus.
- Took a TON of photos – I love doing that, then I can refer back to them when we’re visionizing stuff at our church (Thanks to the Mariners tech guy who gave me 4 new AA batteries – how awesome is that?) Saw the Tom’s Shoes, Planning Center, & Renewed Vision booths – all AWESOME companies!
- Got to hear Francis Chan live for the very first time – he wrecked me. Got to hear Perry Noble live for the first time as well – he inspired me.
- Got to experience the wonder that is the stage, lights, and sound at Mariners – very impressive. I told Daniel @ranchocommunity’s tech meistro, that the bass made my insides rattle (which I like).
- Twittered and Twitpic’d like crazy.
- Got to eat dinner with some great people from Cornerstone (Livermore), who bought Eric & I’s dinner – awesome?!
I know, conferences are hit & miss – but I think it’s all what you make of it. When I go to a conference, I expect to be overloaded with information. I expect to get tired. I expect to be wowed. I expect to see & hear things that blow my mind. Then I go back to reality and try and apply a little bit, remember the places where God really spoke to my heart, and just grow a little bit more. I will say that I will be going to next year’s Catalyst West Coast – I really wanted to catch Andy Stanley, hopefull next year. And lastly, I want to give a shout out to LV Hanson, who tried to get me a sweet deal to go to entire conference, unfortunately I just couldn’t swing it this year. Thanks for trying LV! Were you there?