That’s right. Or at least that’s what’s going on here at the blog. I’m being blown by things going on around me. My mind is being filled by some good studies & conversations. My spirit is being revitalized by spending more time with my family, with God, and with some pretty amazing co-workers. My heart is being softened by hearing some incredible things from God’s word – things that are changing me.
But when it comes to the blog, I really got nothing right now. It’s all just churning inside & maybe it will begin to pour out soon. But I’m ok just soaking in for a while.
As far as just life updates, here goes:
Many of you know that in February I began working at Rancho Community Church & School, as pastor of communication. There’s a lot to do, A LOT. But I’m trying to take it easy, prioritize, set goals, and accomplish as much as possible while maintaining health (what a concept). On the church side I’m working hard on:
- Web rebuild. From the ground up, we’re redesigning and re-architecturing the entire site. A huge project that should be completed in about 7 weeks.
- Some re-branding. From the overall church to individual ministries & departments, we’re modernizing and bringing up the quality.
- Kiosks. We’re implementing a culture shift from printed materials to digital media. So we’re building kiosks which will run computers linked to our website where people can get all the info they want/need instantly.
On the school side of things:
- I setup my school office just last week. (That’s right I have 2 offices – inconvenient yes, but very necessary). I’m there Mondays & Thursdays – stop in and visit anytime!
- I’m doing parent meetings – just inviting parents to come meet me (& Jen) and hear what my role is and my heart – and also to hear their ideas & concerns. So far I’ve done one meeting which went amazing. Looking forward to another one next week.
- Advertising. Mailers, News ads, website, twitter, you know the drill.
And a little mind dump…
- We moved… Again. This time hopefully we’ll be here for a long time. We moved out to a beautiful 5 acre place in wine country. It was a 2 edged sword: The condo we were in was practically unlivable because of the “environment”, luckily Jen found this place – it’s way more “us”.
- I’m praying about ONE VOICE (last year’s worship gathering & hopefully this year’s as well).
- I’ve got whiteboards FULL of ideas & not enough time in a week to even make a dent. And of course they are all the best ideas ever that will forever redefine how church functions, so of course they MUST be completed (read: sarcasm).
- My son is almost 7! The time is flying by (I know, how cliche).
- My daughter is continuing her terrible 2’s into the 3’s but she’s freakin’ CUTE!
- I’m a new Francis Chan convert – can’t get enough of the old podcast.
So, for having nothing, I guess that’s something. But I’m not posting thoughts on leadership or how-to’s for church media. I’m just enjoying life and enjoying some health, coming back it feels like.