I get this question a lot, “You must spend a TON of time on Facebook”, or “You’re so addicted to Facebook!”
Truth be told, I am spending more time on Facebook lately, but I never update my status from there – I use Twitter (as I’m sure many of you do). Here’s some reasons why:
- I was using Twitter before I joined Facebook
- When I update Twitter, I’m (a) reaching an immediate network of over 600 people, and (b) reaching potentially thousands more thru friends of friends on Twitter
- I can do it from my phone, anywhere, anytime
- I can do it from an app like Tweetie (not having to open a webpage)
- Did I mention that I can do it from my phone, anywhere, anytime?
Maybe I’m putting the cart before the horse here – maybe you’re not convinced that Twitter is a valuable use of your time (to which I would argue that if you update your status on Facebook, ever, than Twitter will be valuable to you).
Now back to the main point: How to connect your Facebook account with your Twitter account. Rather than reinvent the wheel here, I went out and found the best tutorial I could find.
Here’s a little tutorial on how to have Twitter update your Facebook status. (note: on step #2 you may need to click on the “Application” tag. See screen shots below).
Click on the “Applications” tab.
Click on the application name: Twitter, and then continue following the tutorial.
That’s it. Now you are a power Facebook/Twitter user. Every time you update your twitter, your Facebook status will be updated. And from my experience, there’s not much lag.
Oh yeah, if you’re not following me on Twitter, go on over and follow me.